Best and Worst States for Motorists
With states facing huge shortfalls in revenue, ticket writing will be a high priority. The list highlights the states from Best to Worst. Be careful driving. The Worst States for Motorists also are some of the states facing the largest budget shortfalls. Hold on to your wallet if you are driving in these states. The 5 Worst States are New Jersey, Ohio, Maryland, Louisiana and New York. The Best States, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska and Kentucky seem to be gentler places to live.
|Best and Worst States for Motorists|
List of Criteria Used To Generate Rankings (no particular order)
1) Speed Traps Per Capita (# of speed traps listed on www.speedtrap.org indexed to population)
2) Does the state have "driver responsibility" fees?
3) Does the state have mayor's courts?
4) Does the state authorize the use of roadblocks?
5) What are the freeway speed limits?
6) Does the state have red-light cameras?
7) Does the state have speed cameras?
8) Are there toll roads in the state?
9) Is a jury trial available for traffic violations?
10) Is trial by declaration (asserting a defense in writing without appearing in court) available?
11) Is the state a member of the Non-Resident Violator Compact?
12) Is the state a member of the Driver's License Compact?
13) Are radar detectors banned in the state?
14) Does the state have a primary seat belt law?
15) Are there adult helmet laws in the state?
16) Are there move-over laws in the state?
17) Is cell phone use banned?
Blog Search Engine